SIGUE SIGUE SPUTNIK
80S SONGS AND ALBUMS
The video clip above features an 80s performance by Sigue Sigue Sputnik on BBC Top Of The Pops. The band's most successful single, "Love Missile F1-11", featured lots of vocal and sound effects, and like other songs used in the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off, this charted again after the film was released in 1986. This track was also used in the computer game Grand Theft Auto - Vice City which was released in 2002.
With their outlandish looks and unique electro rock sound, Sigue Sigue Sputnik stormed into the UK charts in 1986 with their debut single "Love Missile F1-11". It reached No.3, following much publicity.
Their second single, 21st Century Boy only managed to reach No.20 in the UK charts, and that was the start of the slippery slope for Sigue Sigue Sputnik.
- 1986 Flaunt It UK #10
- 1988 Dress For Excess
- 1990 The First Generation
- 1997 The First Generation - Second Edition
- 1998 The Ultimate 12" Collection
- 2000 Sci-Fi Sex Stars
- 2001 21st Century Boys: The Best of Sigue Sigue Sputnik
- 2001 Pirate Space
- 2001 A Gothic-Industrial Tribute To The Smashing Pumpkins
- 2002 Blak Elvis vs. The Kings of Electronic Rock and Roll
- 2003 Ultra Real
- 1986 Love Missile F1-11 - UK #3
- 1986 21st Century Boy - UK #20
- 1986 Massive Retaliation
- 1986 Sex Bomb Boogie
- 1986 Sci-Fi Sex Stars
- 1988 Success - UK #31
- 1989 Albinoni vs. Star Wars - UK #75
- 1989 Dancerama - UK #50
- 1989 Rio Rocks
- 2001 Love Missile F1-11 (Westbam Remix)
- 2002 Everybody Loves You
- 2004 Grooving With Mr. Pervert
21ST CENTURY BOY
The first two hit singles both featured on Sigue Sigue Sputnik's only successful album Flaunt It, which reached #10 in the UK album charts. The only other Top 40 hit single for the band was Success which reached #31 in 1988.
Band members: Tony James, Martin Degville, Neal X, Ray Mayhew, Chris Kavanagh and Yana YaYa